Welcome to the Clerk of Courts Website
Our office is pleased to provide the community with an online resource to help residents and visitors obtain information and conduct business with us. We hope you find this website a useful and friendly environment that serves your needs in an efficient, cost-effective and secure manner.
Due to the planned implementation of the Odyssey system for Circuit and County Civil Courts on Monday, March 2nd, there will be a transition period starting Wednesday, Feb. 25th.
- On Wednesday, Feb. 25th from noon until 11:55 pm, the ability to file pleadings or other documents via the Florida Court eFiling Portal will be disabled for Circuit and County Civil Courts in Miami-Dade County. Filings will be accepted over the counter during business hours at all Civil Court locations during this outage.
- Pleadings and other documents may be filed after 11:55 pm on Wednesday, Feb. 25th, but filings for the Circuit and County Civil Courts will be completed after our Odyssey Go-Live of Monday, March 2nd.
- For Circuit and County Civil Courts, only emergency filings will be accepted over the counter at Civil Court locations after noon on Thursday, Feb. 27th until Monday, March 2nd.
- For Family and Probate Courts, only emergency filings will be accepted over the counter at Family Court locations after 5:00 pm on Thursday, Feb. 27th until Monday, March 2nd.
- There are no changes to filings for Domestic Violence and Mental Health Cases when filed over the front counter.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to providing new functionality and a “Work Anywhere” model to Attorneys of Record upon the Odyssey implementation on Monday, March 2nd.
Clerk of Courts Harvey Ruvin, partnering with the Honorable Bertila Soto, Chief Judge of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, is pleased to announce the implementation of Tyler Technologies, Inc.’s Odyssey Case Manager System and paperless operations in our Circuit and County Civil courts effective Monday, March 2, 2015.
Key points of interest:
- Registered Florida Bar members who are attorneys of record in a court file will have immediate access to view pleadings in the electronic court files via the Internet;
- The Public and attorneys who are not on record in a case will have access to view pleadings in the electronic court files via courthouse kiosks;
- Small claims filing through the Florida Courts eFiling statewide ePortal
For your convenience, you are invited to see the full announcement; visit the Odyssey Civil Frequently Asked Questions; links to presentation video; the Attorney Odyssey Online Access Request Form and other materials of interest.
We will continue to pioneer technological solutions that advance doing business in Miami-Dade County in the most productive, efficient, and innovative manner for the public, the judiciary and the Bar.
The Marriage License Bureau will be closed on Friday, March 6, 2015 and will reopen on Monday, March 9, 2015 at its new location:
Marriage License Bureau
Overtown Village South
601 NW 1 Court, Suite 1900
Miami, Florida 33128