Welcome to the Clerk of Courts Website
Our office is pleased to provide the community with an online resource to help residents and visitors obtain information and conduct business with us. We hope you find this website a useful and friendly environment that serves your needs in an efficient, cost-effective and secure manner.
Lobbyist Online Registration and Information System (LORIS)
The Honorable Harvey Ruvin, Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners, is pleased to announce that on Monday, June 1, 2015, the existing lobbyist registration process will be expanded to a newly developed online system. Lobbyists and Principals will be able to register within a secured internet environment. Account holders can conveniently update specific profile information for compliance purposes, while receiving periodic updates pertaining to training and lobbying within Miami-Dade County. Reports can be viewed with just the click of a mouse.
We hope you find our new system reliable and easy to use; and look forward to your feedback on ways to improve online services, while moving technology forward.
Please visit us at http://www.miamidade.gov/cob/
Miami-Dade Clerk of Courts Harvey Ruvin is pleased to announce the upcoming release of NEW online services to the public, registered users, and attorneys of record delivering access to court case information and court documents for Circuit and County Civil, Family and Probate cases, with a refreshed look and feel plus enhanced search functionality.
Key points of interest:
- Access to court case information and court documents will be in accordance with the provisions of Florida Supreme Court Administrative Order (AOSC) 14-19;
- Premier Searches will soon be referred to as Advanced Searches, where searches for court case information and documents will be free while Official Records search (of recorded documents), fees are being changed;
- Use of the Advanced Searches (except for Official Records) will soon require processing of a Registered User Agreement including submission of a notarized Registration Access Request form to be accepted by the Clerk of Courts Office before access will be granted;
- Standard Searches will not require any additional action to be taken, but court documents may become visible, based on the type of case;
- All court documents will have been processed through automated redaction. Expunged/sealed cases and court documents marked as confidential will not be accessible online;
- Members of the public and the Bar will soon see a new look and feel with responsive functionality across many of the search applications. The navigation within each of these applications has been streamlined for easier use.
For your convenience, you are invited to see: the full announcement; visit the Frequently Asked Questions and User Guide; links to Mr. Ruvin’s YouTube introduction video; and other materials of interest as they become available.
We will continue to pioneer technological solutions that advance doing business in Miami-Dade County in the most productive, efficient, and innovative manner for the public, the judiciary and the Bar.
eFiling (Electronic Filing)
In accordance with the Supreme Court of Florida in regards to Electronic Filing in the State Courts System, (Fla. Admin. Order # AOSC13-48) , as of May 1st, 2015, the Miami-Dade Traffic and Misdemeanor Division will no longer accept Attorney filed pleadings (paper) through the front counter, mail, or fax. All attorneys including the State and the Public Defender’s Office must file through the portal as of that date.