County Recorder's Code Types Requirements for:
Deed & Quit Claim Deed
- Must be an original document.
- Should only be property located within Miami-Dade County.
- Address of both parties (Grantor & Grantee).
- Must be signed by seller.
- Two witnesses to the signature.
- Notarized and properly acknowledged.
- Must have a prepared by statement: Prepared by:Individual name & address.
- Documentary Stamps at the rate of .60 cents for each $100 of consideration or fractional part thereof ($6.00 per $1,000).
- Surtax is required on transfers of interest in any real property other than a single-family residence, at the rate of .45 cents for each $100 of consideration or fractional part thereof (or $4.50 per $1,000).
- Folio number is not required but is encouraged.