Harvey Ruvin - Clerk of the Courts - Miami-Dade County, Florida

eFiling Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ's


5. How do I know if I have to pay the re-open fees on a Civil case?


6. How do I request a refund for eFiling matters?





5. How do I know if I have to pay the re-open fees on a Civil case?

Re-open fees can be paid through the portal, if applicable.  All motions filed will be reviewed by the clerk to determine if a re-open fee is applicable. If the clerk determines the motion requires a re-open fee, the attorney will be notified by email that a fee is required and the motion will not be processed until the fee is received. A $50.00 fee is required for all case types with the exception of small claims (sc) cases which may require a re-opening fee of $25.00 (claims less than/equal to $500) or $50.00 (claims greater than $500). 


6.  How do I request a refund for eFiling matters?

Refund requests for overpayments may be initiated by completing the Attorney’s Refund Request form and emailing it to the noted mailbox address corresponding to the location where the case was filed.

All refunds will be processed via checks made payable either to the registered organization name or to the registered attorney who submitted the filing, whichever is selected on the form. Organizations should note that it is their responsibility to properly monitor the release of banking/payment card information to their filers.

Refund checks will be mailed to the registered address for the registered firm or the registered attorney. Please allow four to six weeks for processing and mailing.