The accumulation of too many points could cause the suspension of your driving privileges. Visit the Florida DHSMV site for further information on points suspensions.
The benefits of attending traffic school are:
- Adjudication of guilt is withheld. This means no record of conviction.
- No points are imposed against your driving record.
- You may keep your insurance rates from increasing.
There are 2 types of courses that can be elected on a non-criminal infraction/traffic ticket, either the 4 or 8-hour course.
Child Restraint Offender's Program (C.R.O.P.)
The C.R.O.P. is a 90-minute program specifically designed for drivers who have been charged with a child restraint violation. C.R.O.P. can only be elected once in a lifetime. If you elect to attend this course, the civil penalty for your case will be reduced. If you were not charged with a child restraint violation, you should not attempt to attend this course.
Participants must bring their child restraint seat to class and points will not be assessed if the course is elected. The program is held at Miami Children's Hospital, 3100 S.W. 62 Avenue, Miami, FL 33155.
- To register for the course, call the hospital at 305-663-6865.
- You will have 60 days, from either the date the ticket was paid or from the date you attended court, to complete the course. If you fail to complete this course within 60 days, additional penalties will be assessed, your license will be suspended and you will still be required to complete the course.
You can still avoid points on your driver license for a child restraint violation if you do not qualify for the C.R.O.P. You can elect either the 4 or 8-hour traffic school courses. The qualifications for those courses still apply.